Oh My

Birds sit on their wings,      

and refuse to sing.  

I don't feel.  I can't cry.     

Eyes on the ground.  It doesn't seem real.  

Oh my.            



A loved one...has died.  

Phone calls.  Knocks on the door. 

"I'm OK.  I'm allright."  I lie. 

Put it on my shoulders.  Be tough.  Get through it.  

Oh my. 

 

The ache in my gut won't go away.   

When did we last talk?      

What did we say?    

Memories, like shadows, dance through my mind.  

Oh my.    


Days pass slowly by.

We gather to remember.  

Together we cry.

We hold hands, and hug and look into each other's eyes.  

Oh My.


The Preacher reminds us, God is in control.

Our selfish nature has to be told.

There is good talk of love, laughter, and hope.

We smile.  More tears fall.    

Oh my.  


I'll feel again.  It won't be the same. 

Couldn't make it alone. God knows, I tried. 

With the Lord's help, forward I go.

Time...passes...by. 

  


Look.

Up at the sky.   

...Birds sing...  

...Birds fly.       


Oh my... Oh my...