Rutledge Falls Loop - the Day Jeff Told Me

Rutledge Falls Loop - The Day Jeff Told Me

Saturday Morning ride.  For reasons I can't remember, Jason and Brad were not going riding that day, and it was just me and Jeff.  When I arrived at Jeff's house, he was outside, and getting his tires aired up and ready to go.  Jeff was quiet, and I could tell something was wrong.  Jeff stopped and stood over his bike by the stop sign at the end of his street.  


We were about a quarter mile from Jeff's house, He told me why there were tears in his eyes. He had been diagnosed with cancer.  He said that moment that God is in control and he was going to beat it. Typical Jeff, he still wanted to get a ride in.  Sometimes riding bikes and exercising your body gives your mind a chance to deal with things.  I didn't know what to think and I just felt numb.  My mind struggled to process what he just told me.
We rode twenty miles out around Rutledge falls, and back to town. There were more tears, but also laughter, and joy and peace. Jeff knew and trusted that God was in control. We talked about blessings, and how God gives us so much to be thankful for.