Who Moved Sheptember?




Did shomebody move Sheptember?

September blew by! Maybe I was too busy living life to write about it, and maybe that's not all bad.

It was a month filled with birthday parties, soccer games, basketball practices, 3rd grade homework, and bike rides. September 10, I turned 45 years old! And even harder to believe, Karen, our oldest, turned 17 on September 14. Seems like I'm the one who should be 17.
At 17 you still have a chance to act like a kid, and get away with it.

On the bike it was a record month...629 miles. Its been a gradual increase every month this year, and I take for granted how far that is. I don't really think about it, or I might stop, and say, That's enough. Or like Forrest G. said..." I'm tired... Think I'll go home now."
The last century of the year also happened on September 11. The Elk River 100 was challenging, and a blast. Several Category 5 climbs (thats a really steep and long hill), heat, and a thunderstorm. Felt great to finish.

Physically, my blood pressure is measuring normal, and my weight, at 185, is in the normal range for my BMI. This too has been gradual, and in the last 2 years, I have lost 60 pounds.
right after the Elk River, I was at 178. I was probably in Junior high when I was at 178!
My goal is to stay in the 180's. So far so good.




On the worldwide stage, mom went to Egypt, and returned safely. Egypt may never be the same...they had a great time.
Robin has amazed me with her discipline and dedication to running and lifting weights for basketball. Every day almost she has done one or both. They have a chance to be a good team this year, and being young, for the next couple of years.
Our house got a new room in September. We had Lee Cole remodel our dusty unlevel screened in back porch into a wonderful room. It's Robin's bedroom for now. Later, it may be an extra den. It is nice having more space, and it turned out great.

At church, September is always a season of renewal, and change. The new year starts, and new kids come into the youth department, and the seniors are finally gone to the college and career class. Bittersweet this September because Kristi decided to step away from teaching in the youth dept. She said she needed to be in a class, not teach a class. I can understand and respect that. Kristi has a wonderful way of relating to the kids, and they listen to her. I miss her! When things got too serious, one of us would go into a Sean Connery "mode" and we would be ok.

(In my best Sean Connery voice...)
Sho...did shumbody... move ....Sheptember? (right eyebrow down, head tilt, pause...)
No.....Sheptember ...moved ...me!