Red Hooks

To arrive at work in the morning in Decherd at 6:45, I'm turning right on Hwy 55 by the viaduct about 6:25.  Every morning, between Tullahoma and Estill Springs, I get passed by a late model, lifted,  GMC truck, with bright red tow hooks on the front. It looks like this one but lifted higher.   


Red Hooks, as I refer to him, goes ten miles an hour over the speed limit.  The truck is hard to miss.  Always in the fast lane, always pushing it.  Same time, same place, every day of the week.   

Estill Springs has three red lights, a 40 mph speed limit, and a reputation for writing a lot of speeding tickets.  For nearly five years, twice a day, I see the speeding cars zip through there.  My hat is off to those police officers.  Maybe they should write more tickets.  After going 55 for several miles, 40 seems slow. Red Hooks, and a lot of other cars don't slow down much.    

I also can't help but to notice the speeding personal vehicles with the  first responder tags.  Like Red Hooks, these cars and trucks rarely leave the passing lane.  City limit signs, and reduced speed zones don't seem to bother them.  And don't get in their way anywhere near the three red lights in Estill Springs, they are good at catching and stretching a green light.       

I have a theory on this...The E (Emergency) tag vehicles must be chasing the F (Fire)  tagged cars and trucks.  And both of them are trying to keep up with the G (government) vehicles.  If it were a math problem it might look something like this...

E > F > G  = Speed Limit + 10mph

Since I don't qualify for first responder tags, maybe I should check into getting some of those bright red hooks.